Do you want more time for yourself to recover from all you appointments? How much time do you take for your rest and relaxation? Do you have sufficient balance between your social life and time for yourself? Read more about it in this blog.
The overwhelming feeling of a busy social life
The invitations from your friends, the reactions to your photos on instagram and all other social activities may give you the feeling that you are a nice person and that people want to get together with you.
Or maybe you have a social life because you are afraid of missing things. The fear of missing out the social things is called FOMO. Because you are afraid of missing something, you accept all invitations and never cancel anything. Not even when you are tired. Do you ever have the feeling that you do not want to miss those appointments and that you do not want to disappoint your friends? Then it is possible you are suffering from FOMO.
Your energy is like a battery
It is important to allow yourself time to relax and recover from any stress. A person can be compared to a battery. The energy of the battery is drained by all efforts, stress, annoyances or even by contacts with people. You can recharge this battery at moments of rest, recovery and relaxation. Or with other ways of self-care.
How do you ensure a good balance between social life and yourself?
It is important to find a balance between your social life and time for yourself. Here are some tips:
- Take plenty of rest, time for yourself and ensure a good night’s sleep. Do you have many appointments? Try to keep some moments free for yourself. That way you won’t get tired of your appointments.
- Know that it is okay to reschedule or cancel an appointment. Your friends and family will understand if you need time for yourself.
- Discover for yourself which circumstances cause you to experience tension, stress or when you feel overwhelmed.
- You can create some moments of rest for yourself during appointments with friends, for example by going to the toilet.
- Use mindfulness or meditation exercises to experience peace.
- You can enter a thought record. This allows you to see an overview of the feelings, thoughts and event that you experienced during those appointments. Give it a try.
Try to schedule appointments with friends and the moments for yourself in the NiceDay app. You can also reflect on how you experienced it.